The National Championship page has been updated to include the 2017 Qualification Document.
The FINAL schedule for the 2017 State Championships has been posted on the State Championship Page. Please make note of the major changes to Sessions 1 and 3 and be sure to inform your athletes and families.
The Tentative State Meet Schedule has been added to the State Championship Page
Information for Senior Awards is available here and needs to be returned by March 6th to Mike Serra.
Championship Central has been updated with all the state, regional and national information that we have to date!
· JO Nationals online housing reservations will open at 8:00 am on Monday January 16, 2017. The link will be on our Men’s Event web page under JO Nationals: https://usagym.org/
pages/men/events/program_ events.html . Our hosts, Orlando Metro & the Central Florida Sports Commission is working on wrapping up the JO Nationals website. When that is available, I will send that link out to everyone for distribution.· The online NCAA Release Form is ready for 2017. Please ask your coaches to inform their athletes to complete this release if they want to be recruited by college coaches this season. It can also be found under the JO Nationals event logo on our web page: https://usagym.org/ pages/men/events/program_ events.html.· The 2017 Academic All-American Recognition online submission is open. Have your coaches remind the 9-12 grade athletes to visit this page for requirements if they are interested in submitting for this award. The due date for the GPA confirmation page to arrive at USA Gymnastics is February 15. https://usagym.org/pages/ men/pages/academic_ allamerican.html· In September, the JOPC voted to take scholarship applications once a year and due by May 15. College bound high school seniors are welcome to apply. Notify your coaches to let them know about this and that the program information and application can be found at: https://usagym.org/PDFs/ Men/Scholarships/ application16.pdf
The Junior Division Qualification to the 2016 P&G Gymnastics Championships has been posted on the USA Gymnastics website. As we head to JO Nationals, please review the qualification document carefully. You can find the link on the Men’s webpage under Member Updates. I have included a link here for your convenience as well:In the event you do qualify an athlete to the P&G Gymnastics Championships, be prepared to attend a very short meeting immediately following Session 7 on Saturday May 7 (approx. 3:00 pm). The location will be announced on site. Parents are welcome to attend.While on the topic of meetings, please note that if your L8/L8 JE athlete makes the National Team, there will be a mandatory meeting for athletes, coaches, & parents immediately follow the JE finals on Sunday May 8 (appox. 12:30 pm). The location will be announced on site.
Check here with Meet Authority Productions for results of the 2016 Region 5 Men’s Gymnastics Championships!
- The NCAA tickets will be available at the Region 5 competition venue in French Field House rather than at St. John will call. This is different than originally presented.
- Admissions are cash only and there is not an ATM on site.
- Friday: Free after 11:00 on the north side of the building & after 5:00 on both sides.
- Saturday: Free all day everywhere on campus, but good luck finding a space.
- OSU Spring Game and Garth Brook concert on campus that day
- Oh, yeah, and a NCAA Championship Meet.
- ADA (disability) parking on the north side
- Parents should plan to drop off and park (see info sheet) or take a taxi.
- OSU Spring Game and Garth Brook concert on campus that day
- Sunday: Pay to park. If you are at a lot without an attendant, you will need to pay at a kiosk.
- Remind your kids (or more likely their parents) that the Big 10 tickets will be at will call from 5:00 on. The 2 free tickets that they all receive with admission to the meet and any additional tickets purchased through me can be used for either session, but not both sessions. The meet is general admission seating.
- NCAA tickets at regionals are a different story. They must designate which session they want.
- Unfortunately, the coaches do not get free tickets.
- The Ohio Men’s Program is going to great lengths to put our people in the same time and place as Big 10s, lets make sure we take advantage of it and be there in force and show the OSU administration our support for men’s NCAA gymnastics. Please, encourage your families to be there!
- Parking update:
- Saturday parking at French Field House and St. John is free all day.
- Sunday will be $5 with an attendant if they park in on the south side of FFH. The north side is available but there will not be an attendant and you will have pay at the kiosk.
- State Meeting for coaches and other professional members will be Saturday at 6:30 (end of competition) in the hospitality area.
- Please have you regional entry forms and all other information for regionals pre-filled out and ready to go.
- If you have a petition to regionals, please follow this process:
- Turn documents in at state meet:
- fill out USAG Petition form
- document two meets with scores at least 2 points above the required score for qualification
- Coach’s statement
- Doctor’s statement
- Athlete should appear on the entry form with “petition” next to his name and documentation attached
- The USAG petition form can be downloaded on the national championship page.
- Turn documents in at state meet:
- If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Mike.
The 2016 State Spring Meeting will be held Saturday, April 2, 2016 at 6:30 in the French Field House following the Level 4 session.
OHIO STATE CHAMPIONSHIP APPAREL Online
Don’t want to wait in the long line for competition apparel? Order online and skip the wait!
The 2016 – 2020 Junior Olympic Age Group Competition Program Workshops will introduce the new programs and new routines for the 2016 – 2020 quadrennium at four different National Age Group Competition Program Workshops – see chart below. These Workshops will cover all aspects of the 2016 – 2020 Age Group Competition Program including compulsory routines, Technical Sequences and optional level rules. The 2016 – 2020 National Team Program – including the Future Stars, Junior National and Junior Elite facets will also be covered in the Workshop. Participants will receive USA Gymnastics University credit for attending (M401 Men’s Junior Olympic Competition Program Workshop).
Date City Location Deadline to Register May 8-9 Battle Creek, Mich. McCamly Plaza Hotel April 22 June 4-5 Hartford, Conn. Hilton May 20 June 18-19 Dallas, Tex. Double Tree by Hilton June 10 * July 8-10 * San Jose, Calif. McEnery Convention Center June 24Click this link to be directed to the Age Group Competition Program Workshops event information: http://usagym.org/pages/men/ events/program_events.html.The Age Group Competition Workshop scheduled in San Jose will be offered as part of the USA Gymnastics National Congress Trade Show. However, the Age Group Competition Program materials would have to be purchased separately from Congress Registration. The cost for the 2016-2020 Age Group Program materials will be at the discounted rate of $35. You must be registered for Congress then register for the Age Group Competition Program to take advantage of this offer. If you have already registered for Congress, you may go back in to purchase the 2016-2020 Age Group Competition Program materials.Pre-registration for Congress is $240 for professional members ($350 for non members) and must be completed by June 10.
Documents required for JO Nationals:
First 4 documents must to be turned in at the Regional Championships
- (3 copies) 2016 JO Nationals Entry Form
- (2 copies) 2016 GK – Club JO Competitive Apparel Order Form
- 2016 Additional Coaches Credential Request Form (Only one (1) coach per athlete, maximum of two (2) coaches per club will be credentialed at the 2016 JO Nationals. If clubs want to send more than two coaches, they will need to submit an Additional Coaches Credential Request form to the Men’s Program Manager at USA Gymnastics. Please keep copies on hand at your Regional Championships.)
- This form can be turned in to Regional Chairman with J.O. national entry – Payment made to: USA Gymnastics
- (2 copies) 2016 Region 5 Apparel Order Form
- 2016 NCAA Release Form (form is now electronic. Regional Chairs will no longer collect the paper form at Regional Championships)
- 2016 All-American Academic information (only if your athlete is eligible)
Only one (1) coach per athlete, maximum of two (2) coaches per club will be credentialed at the 2016 JO Nationals. If clubs want to send more than two coaches, they will need to submit an Additional Coaches Credential Request form to the Men’s Program Manager at USA Gymnastics.
Foreign athletes may fully participate for all awards for their club team at the Junior Olympic National Championships; however, please note that foreign athletes are NOT eligible to become members of the Junior National, the Junior Elite Team or participate at the Ricky Deci Memorial Camp and they cannot qualify to participate at the P&G Gymnastics Championships.
ENTRY DEADLINE FOR JO Nationals
The entry deadline for athletes is the LAST DAY OF your Regional Championships.
CLUB ENTRY FORM
- The Club Entry From is the most important form! Everything must be clear and legible.
- Most importantly, EVERY SINGLE BOX MUST HAVE SOMETHING IN IT!!! Draw a line through the box if there is no info to put in it so that the Meet Director will know that it was not overlooked. For example, if a coach has no e-mail address then draw a line in the box or write N/A.
- Please make sure that there is at least one phone number on each Club Entry Form. For example, if a coach does not want to give a personal phone number that is OK; however, there must at least be a club phone listed (and remember, write N/A in the coaches’ phone number box or draw a line through it).INJURY PETITIONS
- Entry fee for each petition must be included in your check request. If a petition is not approved, then the host will issue a refund of the entry fee.
- The National Office will make the decisions to approve or deny ALL petitions. Once the determination is made about a petition, the Regional Chair will be informed and a final list of all petitions and their final status will be emailed to all Regional Chairmen. Do not call the Meet Director about petitions.
Our Regional Championship information has arrived!
The NCAA Release of Information form is now electronic and online…Regional Chairmen will no longer be collecting the forms at Regional Championships. The form needs to be filled out by parents of all Level 8 – 10 athletes attempting to qualify to JO Nationals.
State Championship page has been updated with schedule and directions and parking map.
Regional Championship page has been updated with registration form, entry procedures and hotel information.
Regional Qualification Scores:
Level 5 (7 – 10), Level 6 (all ages), Level 7 (all ages) = 55.0
Level 8 (all ages), Level 9 (all ages), Level 10 (all ages) = 63.0
Coaches please submit the following form for any graduating seniors that you have to Mike Serra by March 7th 2016.
Welcome to the New Ohio USAG Men’s Website. With this updated site we will provide information relevant to Ohio, Region 5, and USAG Gymnastics.